Monday, August 5, 2019

I will praise you in the storm

Over the past couple of days I have tried to process what has happened in My city. In fact I have been trying to process the destruction that my city has faced over the past couple Months. 
It's really hard to put into words what I am feeling. I am not one for emotions, but the events that have taken place in the City of Dayton demands an emotional response. 
As a believer in Christ, I understand that what took place, is plain and simple, EVIL. No other terms can explain what happen. So this is where the emotional side of me kicks in. The emotion I feel is anger. Sure, I am angry at the coward that shoot up the Organ district, sure I am angry that 9 people died for no reason. But the anger that I feel goes above and beyond that. The anger I feel is towards the “politicians” that were in Dayton this week. Let me explain.
Less than 8 hrs after the worst event in the history of our city, there were naturally press conference. (I am ok with that) And at these press conferences our “Politicians” decided it would be a good time to further their personal political agendas. At first, I was surprised, but then I slowly became annoyed and then it turned into anger. How dare they use the death of 9 people to further their career. They were elected by US to serve US, and not to use US for their personal gains.  We are talking about less than 8 hours after a mass shooting. Are they insane? They were pushing some BS agenda of Mental Health Issues, and more Gun Control. Again I tell you less than 8 hrs from the most significant tragedy in the City's history. This was both Democrats and Republicans, I am talking about.
The point that I am making is, there are the 5 stages of grief and for a lot of people denial is the first stage. So these “politicians” are talking about how to fix this problem that is so common in our Country, and we have people that are in denial that their loved ones were murdered on the streets of Dayton, and are denying that the event even happened. Again I ask, Are they insane?
Then to top it all off, our City had a Candle light vigilant at 8pm. (Less than 24 hours after the shooting). This vigilant was held in the very place that 9 people were killed. The fire department was even called in to clean the blood off the streets for this event. That's how close this event was to the incident. Now, I have no problem having the vigilant at this site, but the problem that I have is when these “Politicians” literally use the stage that they were on to promote their agendas. They were using the stage that was a few feet away from where bodies laid less than 20 hrs prior.  They each had the balls to come on stage in front of thousands and talk about how to keep this from happening again. So by this point I was fuming. I could not take it anymore. What were they thinking? What would give them the idea that they would be well received by the people of Dayton, cause let me tell you, some of them were not.
The question that I want to ask is this.  Why can’t each of those “politicians” take off their “political caps” and become grieving member of our city. Stand behind Dayton and show your support in a silent way. Let your actions speak louder than your words. 
I understand that these conversations are going to happen. Yes, the republicans say its a Mental Health Issues, and the Democrats say its a Gun control issue. I get it. But let’s not forget that 9 PEOPLE ARE DEAD. Let’s not forget that the people of Dayton are hurting. That sometimes it's okay to not have all the answers. That now more than ever our Homes, Our communities, our City’s, our states, and our country, they all need JESUS!!!!!  That is the message that should have been given to the people of Dayton. That we should come together as a broken, hurting community and remember, and find hope in the only thing that gives true, real hope. 
So like the title of this letter, “I will praise you in the storm”.  It's a great song that is sung by Casting Crowns. My favorite part of the song says this, 
And I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
That you are who you are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of heaven and earth


That's the message that I want the people of Dayton to hear. There are going to be storms in your life, some, maybe not as big a mass shooting, but you will for sure have some storms. So I would ask you, who will you look to for answers? I can tell you that our “politicians” aren't the people that your help comes from. Yours and my help comes from the Lord, the maker of the Heavens and the earth.
This life sucks at times, It hard, I get it, I would just encourage you to look beyond this world for hope. There is nothing on this earth that can give you everlasting hope, everlasting joy, and everlasting Love. So if you are hurting from a storm in your life, its OK! Jesus is with you, even if no one else is. He will never leave you, nor forsake you. The God of the universe is the Father to the Fatherless, and the only thing that can fix our homes and our country. Hold onto the rock that is Jesus Christ, cause I promise you this, if you call on him, He will answer.

No comments:

Firefighter at a Cross

Firefighter at a Cross

Blog Archive

About Me

I am a fun loving guy. I try to live every day to the fullest, and live my life as a mirror image of Jesus. I fall short consistently but every day i strive to make Him smile!!!!!!!!!!