Monday, February 22, 2010

The Man I Want To Be

So there is this new song by this country artist that i reall like. His name is Chris Young. He also sings another song called black dress, which is a fantastic song that talks about getting his girl home and dropping her black dress. So its pretty sweet. But anyways back to this song which is called "The man i want to be". The song talks about a man who is talking to God and asking God to make him into a new man for his wife. Some of the lyrics are so cool cause they are some of the same things i have prayed for, for the past 5 years.

God, I'm down here on my knees cause its the last place left to fall.
Beggin for another chance if theres any chance at all that you might still be listenin
Loving and forgivin guys like me, I've spent my whole life getting it all wrong and i sure
could use your help cause from now on

I want to be a good man a do like i should man
I want to be the kind of man the mirror likes to see
I want to be a strong man and admit that i was wrong man
God, i'm asking you to come change me into the man i want to be

If theres anyway for her and me to make another start
could you see what you could do to put some love back in her heart?
Cause it goin to take a miracle
after all i've done to really make her see

That i want to be a stay man
I want to be a brave man
I want to be the kind of man she sees in her dreams
God, i want to be your man
And i want to be her man
God, i only hope she still believes in the man i want to be.

Well i know this late at night the talk is cheap but Lord dont give up on me.
I want to be a givin man
I want to really start livin man
God, I'm asking you to come change me into the man i want to be.
_________________________________________________

So this song kind of says everything that i have wanted for Jenny and my ralationship.
I want God to come change me into the man that i really want to be.
I want to be His man and I want to be her man. But i want to be His man first. I want to be a strong man (Spiritually) which is a work in progress. i want to be able to look in the mirror and like what i see.

So for me i feel like this subject is a broken record for me but its whats on my mind the most. How i want to be a different man for the Lord and if i can do that how i will be a different man for Jenny. I have 173 days until i am married. So from now until then i am going to become that man. Mark my work, i need to be for Him and for her.

God I am asking you to come change me into the man i want to be.

No comments:

Firefighter at a Cross

Firefighter at a Cross

Blog Archive

About Me

I am a fun loving guy. I try to live every day to the fullest, and live my life as a mirror image of Jesus. I fall short consistently but every day i strive to make Him smile!!!!!!!!!!