Thursday, January 26, 2017

Being in the minority

So as of yesterday I have taken myself off of Facebook, or at least seeing other peoples pages and them seeing mine. (I de-friended everyone) I did this for a couple of reasons, but the main reason is I want to be in the minority. I want to not get caught up in the social media world that is my generation. I hate what my generation has become and what it will be remembered for. I want to be different, and not fall into the trap that Facebook/twitter/ other social media outlets put you in. I hate that I look at people differently just because of what they posted on Facebook. I don't think Jesus would have cared if someone "liked" a post or commented negatively about someone's picture. I think/ know Jesus would have loved unconditionally regardless of your political views or your stance on social issues.
Now I understand that removing myself from the Facebook world is not going to make me a better believer in Christ, but I also believe that being on Facebook is not helping me as a believer in Christ. I am so tired of being a luke warm follower. I want to take the minority position more, because that is what Jesus did. I know it is not always going to be easy, or the most popular way, but I think i am ok with that. 
My hope is that removal of Facebook from my life will be just the start. I want to see what a year in the minority looks like. my hope is 2017 will be a year to rebuild a broken relationship. My hope is that 2017 will be a year full of minority positions. I want to challenge myself to make changes like removal of Facebook. I want to blog more this year, cause my thoughts are another struggle that I have.  
We will see what 2017 has in store for me. All I know is minority positions are the theme for me this year, and I am excited. 

No comments:

Firefighter at a Cross

Firefighter at a Cross

Blog Archive

About Me

I am a fun loving guy. I try to live every day to the fullest, and live my life as a mirror image of Jesus. I fall short consistently but every day i strive to make Him smile!!!!!!!!!!